About CeMEDIa | Films and works | Shooting in Hungary | Film financing | History
25% tax incentive for all feature film productions
Bring your production here and you'll get 25% back of your money. After administration and fees, it'll be about 23%.
Put it together with the low cost of crews and locations, and you'll save 30-60% compared with the UK / Germany / France.
Or just go to microbudget --> see our other website at http://www.lowbudgetfilmshooting.com
- Script needs to be registered and pass a cultural test
- Mostly below the line costs are qualifying for the 25%
- Administration rules has to be followed during production
- Funds will come back at the last quarter of the year
- Or can be cash-flowed though local banks
Coproduction based on public funding
The new film fund in Hungary (www.filmalap.hu) is now open for coprods, not just under the EU convention.
- Decisions are made in 60 days, continous application, lottery funded.
- Script should be first translated, registered and pass a cultural test (+30 days).
- They prefer to be the last financers of course.
- They support feature animation as well.
- In case only LOIs present at application, the filmfund gives 60-120 days after a positive decision to finalise the funding.
Could raise 2-300.000 euros in a best case.
No fixed local spenditure rate, but needs a significant local share.